Saturday, April 17, 2010

Changes


At a crossroad... and I've made up my mind. Sometimes tough decisions are necessary in order to have sanity. Right? Yesterday was a big day for me with the ending a big chapter in my life. That made me re-evaluate my entire life. Sit down and think, pray and ponder. Make tough choices. Come to terms and in touch with reality. I feel like an American Idol contestant that has a terrible voice, the people that love them support them and rally them on with their signs and tears of support. But Simon is there to keep them grounded. They storm out all mad and say "next season", "I'll prove you wrong". Well, not me. LOL No more next seasons for me. I am taking my passion for photography and keeping it as a hobby. I will be doing limited sessions until end of May unless it's been already scheduled. Thank you for being a fan of this page which I will keep. I am not sure what I will do with my website at this point the blog and this I will for sure keep up since it costs nothing to maintain. I am not sure, but I will know more in the next couple of weeks. A smart business woman I am not. ;)

Watch for more nature pictures and more Logan pictures. :D It's been a great, passionate and hard experience the past 8 years and I have grown as a person through it all. Raquel

7 comments:

  1. Really??? Oh...I am sad! You are so amazingly talented...you know I love your photography! We'll have to hear all about this decision at book club..so be prepared! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! This makes me so sad. Who else will take my Jax's pics with the new baby this fall. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you know how talented you are. I love the pictures that you took of Mia and will always cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone, so sweet really. I didn't mean to put my work down by what I said or myself. But really, I am a terrible business woman. It comes down to this; single mom; no income; a lot of work; a lot of work; did I mention a lot of work? I will still do sessions especially for Ms. Alaina which I need to contact and ask if she is serious about the miles LOL and for anyone that asks but unfortunately the money it's requiring of me to maintain a website, gas, babysitting and all that it takes to maintain a business is not working out for me. So for now, this is the best for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just need a mentor on business, your style is captivating and beautiful.....Caro will give you my number and I can help!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brittany, Thank you so much for the sweet words. I can't wait to meet with you. I am gone this week. But next week I hope to go to Caro's house.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raquel,
    I hope this is a LATE April Fool's joke! You have never done "business" for me, but some ex family members used your services and ever since that shoot I have referred several people to you and always follow your posts. You have a beautiful gift and I hope that you can still find a nice balance so that I can call you to finally do a family shoot for me this fall. :)
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!